By Chardonnae Parker / Delta Staff Writer
The 2019-2020 season has kicked off after a lot of big changes and moves took places during the off season in the NBA.
A few of the most notable retirement changes this upcoming NBA season are three long-time NBA players Dwayne Wade, Tony Parker and Dirk Nowitzki. The most notable coaching changes in the league were the firing of Luke Walton and hiring of Frank Vogel for the LA Lakers.
During the off season, there were also several notable player changes via trade and free agency.
|1.Kawhi Leonard||Free Agency||Toronto Raptors -> LA Clippers|
|2.Kevin Durant||Free Agency||Golden State Warriors -> Brooklyn Nets|
|3.Anthony Davis||Trade||NO Pelicans -> LA Lakers|
|4. Paul George||Trade||OKC Thunder -> LA Clippers|
|5.Russel Westbrook||Trade||OKC Thunder -> Houston Rockets|
|6. Kyrie Irving||Free Agency||Boston Celtic -> Brooklyn Nets|
With some players getting more comfortable with being in the league some people predict will have a breakout year.
“Tre Young will be in the conversation for the Most Valuable Player this year. We are two weeks into the NBA season and a guy who has only been in the league one year is averaging 38 points per game. He has to be in the conversation,” said Missouri Valley Men’s Basketball player Alonzo Williams. “For me one of my bold predictions is the Golden State Warriors will not be in the top five of the Western Conference.”
The Warriors have been the Western Conference Champions for the since the 2014-2015 season.
With all the moves happening this offseason here are 10 bold NBA Predictions.
- LA Clippers will win it all.
- Russel Westbrook and James Harden will Clash Hard.
- Golden State Warriors Will NOT make the Playoffs
- LA Lakers will not run LA.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is OUT.
- Brooklyn Nets will RULE New York.
- Toronto Raptors will not make the Conference Finals
- After the season, the Warriors will be in the competition for a Lottery Pick.
- Anthony Davis will finally be in the MVP race.
- Kawhi Will win another MVP.